Sunday, February 12, 2012

Terrible Twos

The month of February marks the Two-Year Anniversary of the 1972 Retro Weight Watchers Experiment, and for the past few days - I have been pondering how to best celebrate this momentous occasion.

To be honest - I never expected this thing to last two years. In fact, I didn't really know what to expect when I started blogging on that cold snowy day in 2010.

All I know is that over the past two years I have met so many fantastic people through my blog, Twitter and Facebook. I have learned so many things about myself and what I can accomplish. I have pushed the boundaries of culinary art. I have enjoyed every moment, and now I can't imagine my life without my blog.

It almost brings a tear to my eye.

Shut up. It's my blogday, and I'll cry if I want to.

So how do I celebrate this? How do I pay tribute to my blog, and all of its wonderful readers?

I guess the most appropriate way to show my excitement is with a GREAT BIG PINK GELATINE MOLD! I mean, really. What could be better than a heart-shaped gelatinous symbol of my devotion?

Nevermind what's in it. Just enjoy the freakin' moment.

So thanks to everyone who has been a part of this adventure - both longtime friends and brand new followers. There is so much more to come, and it's only going to get crazier up in here! Stick around, my friends. You know what they say about the "terrible twos"...

4 comments:

Snappy said...

Oo, what color nail polish? It looks kind of like Revlon's Perplex but a bit more purple than grey. Pretty pretty and to think I've been with you since the beginning at WW Online!!! Bappy Hirthday, Mimi!!!

Unknown said...

happy 2 year blogaversary! I just had dinner so I'm gonna pass on the pink dessert that jiggles when you move it. hehe :)

yinzerella said...

Nice nails!

Tami said...

I was going to ask about the nail color too!

Congrats on your two-year Bloggiversary. I'm guessing there's tomato in that gelatinous heart...but I'm trying to convince myself that it's strawberry puree.